How to Become a Resident
Insignia Club Benefits
For a refundable $1,000 membership fee you will receive a place in line to select a residence as well as a variety of social, cultural and sports benefits:
- Priority number to select a residence.
- Invitation to VIP events and updates informing you about the Building on Success expansion.
- Two free nights per year at an AFV guest suite.
- One complimentary dinner per month at either AFV. Two dinners for a couple.
- Plus a ONE TIME benefit of ONE of the following:
- Tickets for two to:
- A SPURS game
- San Antonio Symphony
- Majestic Theater Production
- Golf for two at any Troon golf course nation-wide. Monday through Thursday tee times only.
Call us today at 210-568-3200
- INSIGNIA CLUB MEMBERSHIP. If your plans to move to Air Force Village exceed twelve (12) months, submit the Insignia Club Application with a fee of $1,000.00. You will receive a Priority number and member benefits. The Insignia Club Priority number establishes the order in which members will be offered a residence. The Insignia Club membership fee is fully refundable until the second step is taken.
- COMMANDER’S CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP. A Commander’s Circle deposit is equal to ten percent (10%) of the Entrance Fee for your selected residence. If you choose an existing residence at either Village I or II, you will be included in an active wait list and offered a residence as it becomes available. For new construction, such as the Ranch Homes at Village II, your 10% deposit will hold your selected residence and/or lot choice during the construction phase. For new construction residences, the Entrance Fee is frozen at pre-construction prices.
The Commander’s Circle application process includes:
Both deposits accrue interest at a 90 Day Treasury Bill Rate. Interest is “earned” upon taking occupancy of a Village residence. Earned interest is paid by check after you move in, but is not payable if you withdraw. In the case of a refund of deposit, no earned interest is included.
- Identifying the specific residence location and floor plan desired. (For existing residences, up to three choices can be made.)
- Completing an Application for Residency/Health History form and a Confidential Financial Statement.
- Making a deposit of 10% of the Entrance Fee for your choice of residence. The Commander’s Circle deposit is refundable under certain conditions. Please see document for details.
- ACCEPT A RESIDENCE UPON AVAILABILITY. Upon availability of a residence, you will have approximately sixty (60) days to take possession of the home (dependent upon the extent of remodeling and/or modifications) and pay the balance of the Entrance Fee. Our experienced Moving Facilitators have the practical knowledge to make your move a seamless transition to your new home. The Facilitator will oversee the remodeling of your residence.
- Endorsing the Residence and services Agreement. The Insignia Club and Commander’s Circle membership deposits previously paid will be deducted from the total Entrance Fee due at move-in. This is your continuing care contract with Air Force Village.
We encourage you to join the Commander’s Circle early! Speak with our residents – most will tell you, “Don’t Wait! If we were to do it again, we would have come 5 years sooner!”
Credit Card Deposits May Be Made Here